The policy of quality and accrediting
The Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale del Lazio e della Toscana has implemented the customer-oriented Quality Policy in compliance with the ISO 9000 and UNI CEI ISO/IEC 17025 standards.
This is to grant qualified laboratory results and services, officially acknowledged by EU and by third countries.
IZSLT is a multisites laboratory accredited in 1998 (SINAL n. 201 accreditation) according to the UNI CEI EN 45001 directive, and now by Accredia (the Italian accreditation body) according to the UNI CEI ISO/IEC 17025 standard, “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.
The quality approach is inspired by the Deming Cycle.
The documents of the Quality System
The system is regulated by the following documents:
- Quality Manual: it describes the organization, tasks and activities of the Institute;
- Organizational document: it describes the organization, tasks and activities of each institution unit;
- Management procedures: they describe the operating methods and responsibilities related to the management activities of the institute;
- Standard Operating Procedures: they describe the operating methods and responsibilities of laboratory tests and support activities.
To find out the lists of accredited tests, click directly on the Institute’s premises listed below
- Sede Centrale di Roma
- Sezione di Latina
- Sezione di Rieti
- Sezione di Viterbo
- Laboratorio presso il Centro Carni di Roma
- Laboratorio integrato di microbiologia e tossicologia Tor Vergata
- Sezione di Arezzo
- Sezione di Firenze
- Sezione di Grosseto
- Sezione di Pisa
- Sezione di Siena
The quality system of training activities
The training activities have been certified since 2004 by Kiwa Cermet according to the ISO 9001 standard.